Thursday, August 12, 2010

Kenora...day two


Hey all! I am back for the second installment of this trip update.

We left the cabin around 8-9am and went fishing around the big lake (Lake of the Woods). Since Grandpa was my fishing partner for the day we hopped into the boat and trolled around until we saw some fish on the fish finder/GPS thing. Every time we saw some we would stop and drop a line in. We usually didn't get a bite. We went around and dropped a line in a few places. I got a couple good strikes, one under an evergreen and another just out a bit farther. Grandpa caught a small mouth bass. After a few minutes of nothing we went around the bend and found a kick ass spot. I caught a couple walleye and whatever a sorgen (sp) is. Grandpa caught eleven fish in that spot total. Mostly they were smaller walleye/sorgen that ranged from just under a pound to about four pounds. One perch and one crayfish was caught too. Mom and Mike didn't come by us because we are too awesome. Mike caught a lot by where they were though. They did come by us and didn't catch much. Mainly because we are that awesome. Later we trolled around and stopped a few times, but didn't catch anything. We met up with Mom and Mike and had lunch. The seagulls pretty much freaking attacked us for our bread and chips...lol. We were praying we didn't get shit on...lol. To get rid of them Mike casted out his fishing pole and they scattered. It was hilarious. All the squawking and freaking...hilarious. After that Grandpa and I wend down the shore and decided to go back to the rock wall that we were at. He caught more fish and a while later we drove around looking for another spot. We didn't find one but we met up with Mom and Mike again and we went back to our spot. Mike went back to the cabin and Mom came with us. She and Grandpa caught big fish then...mostly they were twenty inches. I caught a couple smaller ones. It was awesome.

While we were out Grandpa taught me a few things and I got good at putting leeches on my hook (they didn't fall off...YAY). I also got burnt as hell. Not fun, but at least I'll have a wicked tan...I'll be more tan than Donna...hahahahaha.

Anyways...We came back and had fish fry for dinner at the main lodge. People were commenting on how burnt I am...
Everyone here is so nice and respectful. It's nice to be able to go somewhere where the people are considerate and help you with anything. Also the people on the lake are friendly and actually slow down when they are passing you so they don't flood your boat. Wish every place was like it.

Well talk to ya'll later...I am gonna go try to make my sunburn stop stinging...lol

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment