Friday, August 13, 2010

Kenora...day three

DAY THREE!

Today we took a twenty minute speed boat ride to the smaller lake, Fox. We got dropped off at the dock and portaged to Fox. We hiked a super muddy path. The mud was enough to take your shoes off. My feet were soaked and muddy before I got even halfway up the trail. We had to make a couple trips to get all our stuff down to the landing. The guys took off in there boat and Mom and I took off in ours. They got a head start because Mom and I were washing our shoes, but a few minutes later we heard them hollering because their motor died. We laughed at them and then tied their boat to ours and towed them along. Not long after Mom and Mike switched places so him and I shared a boat and Mom and Grandpa shared one. We trolled around and went mostly bass fishing. We caught some notherns too. A huge bass snapped my like. You know how I know it was huge??? It snapped my twenty pound test. I lost my snap, leader, jelly, and my bait. I was pissed. I was like "You asshole SOB!" Everyone was laughing at me. Mom traded poles with me so I could try and catch him while she fixed my pole. I caught a good sized one but I don't think it was the one. We went towards the landing Grandpa caught another good sized bass. It fought like none other because it was on the bottom and full of weeds. At the landing it was my job to pull the boat in, so I did and then unloaded them. After we chained them up, we organized everything and hauled it all in one load. The trail was easier the third time around but I still slipped in the mud, just not as bad. So, needless to say I had to rewash my shoes and feet before we got in the main boat to go back to the lodge. I ended up just throwing my sock away when we got back to the cabin, they were so muddy I didn't want to try and salvage them. The boat ride back was fast and fun. My sunburn is sore from sitting in the heat and my arms are sore, but it's still fun and that's all that counts. Today I caught like five bass, Mom caught twelve fish, Grandpa caught seventeen, and Mike caught about seven.

No comments:

Post a Comment