Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Long time no see...

I know I haven't been around a lot lately, but I will try and be better.

My boards are in like eight days and I am starting to freak out even more. I am not ready for this. Not ready at all. I don't know how I am going to do this. I really don't. I need like another lifetime to get everything drilled into my head. I was studying calculations and realized that I STILL don't understand solutions, concentrations, and dilutions. I feel like a dumbass...I worked on ten problems for about an hour and still don't completely understand. On a different note...well, not really, hopefully the study session will help. It should, we usually do well together. I need to pass, the first time. I should probably shut up and start working again. Yeah, I'll get right on that...
I started working out this week. I am going to see how much I can lose before I go to Kenora in the middle of August and Toronto at the end of August. I need to get in shape for them so I am gonna work my ass off (literally). No dieting though, just being conscious of what I am doing because anything having to do with restrictions is going to fail with me. I can do moderation though, so wish me luck :).
I am thinking about starting to paint. I have wanted to for a very long time. I just need to make time and find a place to do it. I am thinking I will start with acrylic and then transition to oil. Probably will cut out watercolor all together. Maybe it can be another outlet for me. Not sure when I'll start, but I will keep you posted.
My writing has been put on hold until after the test. It sucks because I miss it, but I have to study. The characters are almost calling my name and everything...sad I know, but what can I say, they miss me.
I found some footage of Alexz (the best person ever) at the Ottawa Bluesfest on youtube. You have to check it out. She sings a few songs off of Voodoo, a couple off her Epic album that was shelved, one from Instant Star that she wrote, and a new one called Mary. I love Mary, it's very relatable and been stuck in my head all day. Lyrics are from www.alexzjohnson.com

Mary doesn't like nobody
She a real sad case
See Mary's like her lucky charms
Ya Mary doesn't know her place

The girl can't sleep
That Mary she can be real weak
She's got a heart of gold
But Mary thinks she's getting old

See Mary doesn't know somebody
Loves her more than life itself
She doesn't know somebody
Keeps a picture of her on their shelf

Mary doesn't know somebody
See's her eyes and begins to melt
Mary we'll wait
It's not too late

She doesn't know what she's missing
All the boys she'd be kissing
But she's deep in her head
C'mon Mary get your ass out of bed

I know I've read it in a story
But Mary never seems to bore me
She doesn't want to belong
Her mission is to prove you wrong

Chorus

Mary will come back someday
She'll find a way
There will come a day, I know
Mary will know what to do
She's breaking through

Well, I should get back to studying math and listening to the thunderstorm. Talk to ya'll later.

No comments:

Post a Comment